Top 5 Best Online Casinos That Accept Bitcoin in Australia
Many Aussies enjoy online gambling as a favourite pastime, but they face one major challenge; withdrawals often take time. The Australian government has also placed some restrictions on credit card payments on online casinos. This has led many gamblers and betting sites to look for alternative payment methods.
Bitcoin is undoubtedly taking the lead as it offers you a frictionless way of transacting with online casinos. It’s the most popular cryptocurrency, launched in 2009, and gives you total anonymity, which is why it’s highly preferred.
Here’s a list of the top 5 online casinos that accept bitcoin from Australian players and a quick guide on how to use bitcoin on gambling sites…
Best Bitcoin Casinos in Australia (Our Top 3)
- Lots of games and software providers
- 24/7 Live chat
- Multiple payment options
- Fast withdrawals
- Lots of popular games
- 24/7 Live chat
- Plenty of payment options
- Fast withdrawals
Casino Rocket Our #1 Choice
Hey it’s Warren here! Casino Rocket is the best online casino that accepts Bitcoin in my opinion and is my personal favourite online casino.
I’ve been playing for about 3 months and it’s by far the best online Aussie casino that accepts Bitcoin that I have visited.
I’ve never had any issues with payouts and I’ve had a few nice wins as well. My last 2 withdrawals were for $6,000 AUD (Yes, 2 x $6k payouts) and they processed the payments within 24hrs.
The games are very fun and I think they are fair as well, I’m not sure if it’s just me but I do seem to get a good amount of bonus games and wins with their online pokies.
Their support I have found is fantastic – I have my own VIP account manager (Justin) and he’s been great! Very friendly, gives cash backs, and doesn’t mind a joke.
This online casino was launched in 2020 and has a signing-up bonus worth A$1500 of virtual cash across the first two deposits. You also get 150 free spins to get you started on your exciting betting journey.
These bonuses are split up as follows;
- Deposit 1: 50 free spins + 100% match up to $500 AUD
- Deposit 2: 100 free spins + 50% match up to $1000 AUD
If you’re worried about Rocker’s legitimacy, you don’t have to anymore because it’s licensed by one of the prime issuers of gambling licenses; the government of Curacao.
Even though it’s fairly new, this site has more than 3000 games for you to choose from and has both a live casino and a movie casino. Some of the games you can enjoy on the site include online slots and table games.
Rocket’s user experience is also unmatched as it gives you the feeling of being in a real casino. They have live support to ensure your gaming experience is uninterrupted and a player self-excursion feature should you wish to ban yourself from gambling. This casino also has a 7 tier loyalty program that rewards you every time you play.
Once you hit the 4th tier, you’re invited to Rocket casino VIP, which opens you up to higher bonuses, more free spins, a private VIP manager, etc. Overall, Rocket casino is highly interactive and offers a high-quality gambling experience to all its players. Few casinos are able to deliver this kind of experience, and if you’re looking for a new betting home, this is it.
2. Spin Samurai
Spin Samurai operates out of the island of Curacao and has managed to amass a large number of loyal online gamblers. It promises an unparalleled gambling experience, and based on its reviews, it delivers on this aspect.
This online casino offers a sign-up bonus of 800 euros and 70 free spins, which are split up between your first 3 deposits. It’s tailored to meet the needs of all types of players, including those who’d like to splurge, the small spenders and gamblers that play once in a while.
Spin Samurai has over 3000 games and has forged partnerships with the leading software developers, including Red Tiger, Infingame, Habanero, B-gaming, PlaySoft, etc.
Their site has an amazing structure that makes it easy to navigate, and their bonuses are highly impressive, some of which have a 100% cashback value. You can make deposits in AUDs, and withdrawals range from instant to a week.
Their customer support is valuable through the live feature on their site or emails. Spin Samurai keeps the fun going by ensuring you can access the games at any time through their mobile version.
The minimum withdrawal amount is 20 euros while the maximum is 15000 euros.
3. Fair Go
This casino was launched in the first quarter of 2017. They may seem relatively new in the online gambling world, but they make up for it by being operated by Deck Meia, a highly experienced company.
Like the previous entries on the list, Fair Go is licensed by Curacao Gaming Commission and has a welcome bonus of $1,000.
This bonus is spread out over your first 5 deposits and Fair Go’s host is named Kev the Koala, and he always keeps things interesting by offering players cashback, bonuses, free spins, etc.
You can also join the VIP program to have your own account manager and gain access to higher bonuses, and all you need to do is contact the customer support team.
They will then give you the requirements and assign you a manager who will personalize rewards for you. This casino’s customer service is highly supportive, and you can reach them on the phone, live support, and email. Once you sign up, you’ll gain access to over 300 games, most of which are slots.
If you’re new to online gambling and are looking for a simple casino with a decent selection of games, you should give Fair Go a try.
Queenspins is taking the online gambling industry by storm and is owned & operated by Dama N.V.
It has a Curacao gambling license as proof of its legitimacy and gives you access to more than 2800 games, including online slots, table games, and live casino. Queenspins has a sign-up bonus that’s spread out among your first 10 deposits as follows;
- The first deposit gives you a 100% bonus of up to $500.
- The 2nd -5fth deposits come with a 50% bonus of up to $500.
- The 6th -10th deposits have a 50% bonus of up to $500.
There’s a catch, though; you can only claim one bonus per day, but in totality, you can get up to $5000 in free bonuses.
This Online Casino has a VIP program that gives you access to a dedicated account manager and opens you up to higher rewards. It also has responsive customer support, and you can reach them on their live support feature or by email.
Qieenspins also has a mobile version that allows you to play your favourite games on the move. Their website has advanced functionality and a beautiful ensign that gives you the illusion of being in a real Casino.
5. 7Bit Casino
7Bit Casino was founded in 2017 and is run by Dama N.V. It’s an avid promoter of responsible gambling and is Licensed by the Curacao gaming commission.
It’s also affiliated with multiple gambling anonymous programs. One of the things that make 7Bit casino stand out from the pack is that it has received several accreditations for its secure bitcoin gameplay.
Their sign up bonuses are spread out among your first deposits as follows;
- The first deposit earns you 1.5BTC or a 100% match bonus worth up to $100 and 200 free spins.
- 2nd deposit comes with a 1.25 BTC or a 50% match bonus of up to $100
- The 3rd deposit has a 1.25 BTC or a match-up bonus of 50% for up to $200.
- The 4th deposit has 1 BTC or 100% match of up to $100.
- Click here to claim your bonus
7Bit casino also has other bonuses, including daily cashback offers, Monday reload bonuses, weekend cashback deals and Wednesday free spins. Their gaming library is impressive, and they also support tournaments and competitions.
How to Use Bitcoin to Play at Online Casinos
Once you sign up with your preferred bitcoin casino, the next step is funding your account.
Here’s a step by step guide on how to deposit bitcoin to an online casino…
Step 1: Navigate to the cashier or banking section of your casino dashboard.
Step 2: Choose your preferred currency, in this case, Bitcoin.
Step 3: go to your bitcoin wallet and log in.
Step 4: enter the amount of bitcoin you’d like to transfer to the casino.
Step 5: fill in the casino’s wallet address.
Step 6: Verify that all the information is correct, and then hit the submit button to finalise the transaction.
Most of the time, the transaction is usually verified within 10 minutes, after which the money should reflect in your account. Once it’s fully funded, you can choose the game you’d like to play and wager your money.
The withdrawal process is somehow similar, and the casinos transfer the bitcoins you earn to your wallet. After that, you can convert the BTC to fiat money and deposit it into your bank account.
What to Look For When You’re Searching for a Bitcoin Casino
Before you sign up at a bitcoin casino, you need to ensure that it meets certain criteria. The following tips will help you identify the best casinos to stake your money at.
1. Regulation and Licensing
Gambling is a risky business, and you need to make sure that you’re playing in a casino that has been legalised. This is the first aspect that you should look out for because online casinos that are unregulated or operate without a license are highly unreliable.
By creating an account with them, you’ll only be taking on unnecessary risks and compromising your winnings.
Make sure that the permits are from reliable licensing jurisdictions because they have strict requirements that ensure your rights as a player are respected.
2. A Diverse Games Catalogue
Online gambling is most fun when there are lots of games for you to choose from. This, combined with the latest games from well-known software developers, is what keeps the entertainment going. If you go for a bitcoin casino with a limited games catalogue, it will also limit your winnings.
Make sure the casino has multiple games, including slot machines and table games.
3. Attractive Bonuses
Bonuses are the icing on top of the cake when it comes to gambling sites. Why would you want to miss out on an opportunity to get free money? Start by analysing the casino’s welcome package, as this will boost your initial funds.
Some online casinos even give you the bonus in the form of bitcoin, but most of them stick to fiat currencies. There are also instances where the welcome bonus is accompanied by free spins.
4. Impeccable Customer Support
Much like cryptocurrency trading, time is key when it comes to online gambling, and it makes all the difference. Go for a casino that has a reputation for excellent support and has no time restrictions for when you can reach them.
The idea is to sign up for a casino that you’re certain that you can count on every time you need help. Their response rate should also be high.
5. Decent Deposit and Withdrawal Limits
Most bitcoin casinos have deposits and withdrawal limits, so find out how much and how often you can transact. For instance, there are casinos that only allow a $5000 limit once a month.
While this is okay for the average player, it’s a huge hindrance for those who prefer playing big. There are, however, casinos that are flexible with their limits through loyalty and VIP programs.
6. High Levels of Security on Players Deposits
Always go for casinos with high levels of security that keep your funds safe. It’s advisable that you choose the ones that store your funds in cold storage, as they are very secure and less susceptible to hacks.
Hard wallets are not connected to the internet, so there’s a very low chance of people gaining unauthorised access.
Types of Aussie Bitcoin Gambling Sites
You need to identify exactly what you want from an online casino so that you can pick the right gambling site.
Here are the main types of Australian gambling sites…
1. Australian Bitcoin Poker Sites: these types of online casinos host freeroll Bitcoin poker tournaments that allow you to play against other players in the world. There’s no limit to the number of games or players that you can play against.
2. Australian Bitcoin Sportsbooks: these casinos enable you to place wagers on your favourite sports, including cricket, soccer, AFL, ruby and even animal races. Some of them offer you free bets when you sign up, and there are those that allow you to place live or in-play bets.
3. Australian Bitcoin Casinos: These types of casinos are usually the most popular in Australia as they allow you to play table games, video slots, live dealer games and card games like roulette and blackjack. Most of them offer you a sign-up bonus and free spins to get you started.
There are also online bitcoin casinos that offer all three services. Make sure you conduct extensive research before settling on a gambling site.
Also read: What is Wink coin.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Using Bitcoins in Online Casinos?
Most people use bitcoin as an investment commodity and for translation purposes. Due to its wide range of applications, however, online casinos have joined the bandwagon and are allowing Bitcoin deposits and withdrawals.
Are there any implications to this move?
Here are the top pros and cons of using bitcoin in online casinos.
Pros of Bitcoin Gambling
1. High levels of anonymity: this is single-handedly the main reasons why people globally prefer to use bitcoin to transact. It provides high levels of anonymity that makes it difficult for transactions to be tied back to you.
The only time you have to provide personal information is when you’re trading crypto, and even then, you don’t have to input sensitive details such as your bank account details.
2. Swift transactions: since bitcoin is a decentralised currency, it’s not regulated by any financial institution and all transactions are verified on the internet.
This eliminates intermediaries allowing withdrawals and deposits to reflect in your account within 10 minutes. Other deposit methods could take up to 7 days to be processed.
3. Low fees: even though you may incur transaction fees, they are very low compared to other withdrawal and deposit methods.
4. No legal restrictions: there are countries that have not legalised online gambling or prohibit it. In such situations, banks often refuse to process any payments made to online casinos.
With bitcoin, you can fund your account and withdraw to your wallet with ease because the transactions aren’t processed by third parties.
The government also cant prohibit online casinos from accepting cryptocurrency payments, allowing you to play your favourite games without restrictions.
5. Can be used on international sites: since bitcoin works on a decentralised network, there are no barriers to where you can use it. This makes it easy for Aussie players to enjoy games on international online casinos, as long as they accept Aussie players.
Cons of Bitcoin Gambling
1. Price volatility: the bitcoin prices are highly volatile, and the prices could swiftly fluctuate, causing you to make a loss. For instance, assuming you deposit BTC to an online casino when the prices are high, if by the time of withdrawal, the value of bitcoin has reduced, your wings will be adversely affected.
2. Bitcoin isn’t a widely accepted payment method: Bitcoin is still the gold standard for cryptocurrency, but vendors are still hesitant to accept it as a mode of payment.
Where Can You Buy Bitcoin?
There are 4 main ways that you can buy bitcoin;
1. P2P marketplace: these are unregulated exchanges that connect crypto buyers and sellers to transact digital assets on their own terms. They are very risky and have many fraud cases.
2. Bitcoin mining: bitcoin miners solve complex mathematical equations using high-tech computers to acquire bitcoin. They verify transactions on the bitcoin blockchain and are paid in new BTC, which they can either trade on exchange sites or HODL.
3. Individual seller: this involves buying BTC from friends and family selling them.
4. Bitcoin exchange site: this is the best way to buy bitcoin, especially when the site is regulated. Exchange sites also allow you to trade with other cons, enabling you to diversify your portfolio. Most local Australian exchanges allow you to fund your account using the most popular payment methods like OSKO, bank transfers & credit and debit cards.
If you’re looking for a reliable exchange site, we recommend that you check out Swyftx. They are registered and regulated by AUSTRAC, have never been breached before and have a demo account that is particularly useful to beginner investors.
The best part about this site is that you get free bitcoin worth $10 when you sign up to get you started.
Top Tips on How to Gamble Responsibly in Australia
Gambling is highly addictive, and to ensure you don’t lose all your investment, here are some responsible gambling tips;
- Only gamble using money that you can afford to lose.
- Don’t think of betting as a money-making venture because it’s nothing more than a mode of entertainment.
- Take a break when you start gambling too much.
- Don’t gamble when you’re drunk or extremely emotional.
- Always have a spending and time limit and stick to them.
- Never use your credit card to gamble.
If you have a problem with gambling I highly recommend checking out the Gambling Help Online website.
Are BTC Casinos Safe in Australia?
The trick is signing up to an online casino that’s licensed and regulated by reputable regulators like the Gambling Commission of Malta and Curacao. This way, you can be certain that your winnings will be safe.
Enjoy Bitcoin Gambling in Australia Today!
Bitcoin casinos are rapidly gaining popularity in Australia, and it’s not hard to see why. They allow Aussies to fund their accounts without having to divulge sensitive information like their credit card and debit card details.
They also enable you to join international gambling sites, giving your access to a wide range of games.
The above online casinos are a great place to start once you buy BTC from an eligible Bitcoin exchange site.